The following is a list of source material that I have used for the website:
Building Stones of Edinburgh. 2nd Edit., McMillan.A.A., Gillanders.R.J. and Fairhurst.J.
- Blackhall Past and Present, McArthur.Margaret., 2000
- The Builder. 1852.
- Changing Face of Blackhall, McArthur.Margaret, 1983
- Bonnie Blackhall, McArthur.Margaret 1995
- The Place Names Of Edinburgh. Stuart Harris
- Craigleith Quarry. Sainsbury's 1992
- The History of the Western General Hospital. Martin Eastwood and Anne Jenkinson.1995
- 'Corstorphine Hill' a pamphlet by the Lothian and Borders RIGS Group
- City Art Centre, City of Edinburgh Museums and Galleries, 2 Market Street, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library....Edinburgh Room
- Exploring Craigleith Quarry. 2003 Sarah Arkley and Mike Browne. Lothian Borders RIGS Group.
- Calton Hill & Edinburgh's East End Geological Walk Lothian Borders RIGS Group
- Geology Today July- Aug 1993. Norman E. Butcher
All of the above items can be borrowed from Blackhall Library except item 7 which can be viewed in the 'Edinburgh Room' Central Library along with many other items pertaining to Craigleith.
Victoria Hospital References:
1. Williamson, J. Tuberculosis revisited-or-How we nearly conquered tuberculosis. 2008. http://www.smj.org.uk/tb1200.htm
2. Fortescue Fox.,R. The Coming of Physical Medicine. A memorial to Sir Robert Philip.
3. Historic Scotland. Extracts from unpublished survey of Hospitals c 1990
4. Charles Dickson, of RVH staff, for his supply of many photographs many still to be shown.
5. RVH for permission to examine/photograph the many photographs and documents hanging in the main reception and WRVS canteen.
6. City of Edinburgh Planning archives for various plans.
7. RCAHMS for access to aerial photographs.
8. Map Library Edinburgh
9. Scotsman archives
10. Lothian Health Service Archive staff.
11. Royal College Physicians Edinburgh.
12. A history of the Western General Hospital (Edinburgh) by Martin Eastwood and Anne Jenkinson. J. Donald Publishers Ltd Edinburgh
13. The Court of the Lord Lyon and in particular Bruce Gorie Secretary to the Lyons Office.
My thanks to the many people I have met and spoken with on the telephone and who have given me good advice on how/where to contact people with some knowledge of the RVH complex. I still have lots of archival material to examine and hopefully will complete this winter.
Acknowledgements and references.
If I have omitted to acknowledge...... my apologies. Any errors, mistakes or further information please feel free to contact me at email@example.com