Owners of Craigleith
The following are persons directly associated with Craigleith land or property within the Craigleith estate.
- Bannockburn and Sauchie Estates - a Mr Davidson was a factor for Lady Steele Maitland for many years.
- Wm Touris of Inverleith 1487
- Mr Bonar, son of Cramond manse
- Estate of Inverleith latterly possessed by Rochead from John Touris by James Rochead.
- James Rochead in 1646 bought Craigleith from Sir John Nisbet of Dean.
- Changed hands 1780
- Wm. Ramsay of Barnton bought Western and Eastern estate . Drylaw estate, House O' Hill Groathill as well as Craigleith Quarry in 1786
- Barnton Estates purchased by Wm. Ramsay 1790 and merged with Kings Cramond Estates
- Craigleith Park............Bonar esq. 1821
- Craigleith............ Ramsay esq...1821
- 15 quarriers and 15 labourers 1881 census
- Lothian Chemical Company used quarry for TNT manufacture 1915
- John and James Lawrence Ltd lessees of the quarry.
- Quarry masters and manufacturers of cast stone 1938